As chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease it can be infected and transferred to partners during oral, anal or genital sex. Read about chlamydia symptoms. The bacterium chlamydia trachomatis can be carried to the eyes by the hands and this disease can also be passed to a new born child during delivery if the mother is infected with this disease. Chlamydia cannot be detected in its early stage and this arises many complications. Read about chlamydia treatment.
The chlamydia infection is transmitted through two ways:
- Anyone can be infected with this type of diseases especially to men and women that are sexually active you can get chlamydia through sexual contact. Greater is the risk of being infected to those that has more sex partners. Having unprotected sexual intercourse is the most common transmission of this type of disease including oral sex and anal sex. A lot of cases especially in women does not experience any symptoms of this diseases that’s why most people that are infected can pass this disease to their sex partners unknowingly.
- This type of bacteria can also be passed from mother to their child from birth. A mother that is infected with this kind of bacteria can cause a new born child with health implications like unpleasant eye infection or pneumonia.
Some of the Chlamydia Complications are:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).
- Increase the risk of getting HIV.
- Blindness. Trachoma is a serious eye infection caused by Chlamydia.
- Lymphogranuloma venerum. This is a vulnerable Chlamydia infection that causes open sores in the genital area and Swollen lymph nodes and this lead severe pain.
- Reiter’s syndrome which is a form of arthritis is developed in people who are infected with Chlamydia.
Tags: transmission of chlamydia, chlamydia complications, chlamydia transmission